- Master of Law (Research) First Class Honours – University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – The College of Law Sydney
- Bachelor of Laws Second Class Honours – University of Technology Sydney
- Bachelor of Commerce – University of New South Wales
- Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Register of Practitioners of the High Court of Australia
- Public Notary
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of Women Lawyers Association of New South Wales
- Member of The Ethics Centre
- Member of Women in Business
Carolyn is the founder and director of Middleton Gardiner & Associates. With more than 25 years’ experience in private legal practice, Carolyn offers her expertise in areas of law she has been involved with since admission. Carolyn practices in the areas of commercial law, property law, family law, litigation, and wills and estate planning. Carolyn is also a public notary and provides notarial services as part of her legal practice.
The first half of Carolyn’s legal career was spent in the city working at small and medium size law firms, initially in general practice and later practising predominantly in commercial litigation for several years, appearing before the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeal, Federal Court of Australia, and the High Court of Australia. The duality of experience in transactional legal work and litigation provides insight and perspective when practising in either area.
In her legal practice at Middleton Gardiner & Associates, Carolyn has acted for clients in contested estate litigation; family law parenting and property matters; landlords and tenants in commercial and retail leasing matters; conveyancing matters and land transactions; advised on estate planning matters; drafted complex wills and contracts to make a will; drafted loan agreements and mortgage documents; drafted deeds or agreements tailored for specific transactions; appeared before Supreme Court, Federal Circuit and Family Court, Local Court and NCAT; and represented clients in negotiations and mediations to resolve disputes or claims.